Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I'm even jealous of myself

I like to catch up on all the blogs I read before I write my blog, in case there is something I need to share with you. First today, I want you to take the Color Quiz. Just do it. It takes 3 minutes. Then read your results. Now read mine. Mine are pretty accurate, but maybe they are vague enough to be accurate for everyone. Here are my results

Craves change and new things, always looking for new adventures and activities. Becomes restless and frustrated when she has to wait to long for things to develop. her impatience leads to irritability and a desire to move on to the next project. True.

Has high standards and wants to make friends with those who have equally high standards; however, she has been unsuccessful in building these types of relationships. she is feeling under appreciated and her self-esteem is damaged because of it. she is uncomfortable with the situation and wishes to escape, but refuses to make compromises or lower her standards. Eh. Puts off resolving her problems because she afraid of the conflicts it may cause. In order to feel secure, she needs to feel appreciated by others so they will do what she asks of them and respect her opinions. True-ish.

Current events leave her feeling forced into compromise in order to avoid being cut off from affection or future cooperation. Eh.

Emotionally distant even from those closest to her. So I've heard.

Willing to become emotionally involved because she feels isolated and alone. she tries to avoid conflict and disagreements, but her arrogance leads her to quickly take offense. I don't think it's arrogance. Maybe over-sensitivity...

Although she is able to find contentment through sexual activity, she feels hopeless to change her problems and difficulties and continues to make the best of what she has. True.

Desired Objective:

Highly optimistic and outgoing personality. Loves to learn new and exciting things, and craves new interests. Looking for a well-rounded life full of success and new experiences. Does not allow herself to be overcome with negative thoughts or self-doubt. Takes life head on, with enthusiasm. Vague enough for anyone.

Actual Problem

Enjoys making new plans and goals, but needs to be respected and admired for the things she accomplishes. Praise me, all of you.

Actual Problem #2

Feeling tension and stress brought on by situations which are out of her control, leaves her feeling helpless, anxious, and inadequate. she escapes the situation by throwing herself into new activities and insisting she get her own way. True. Appears to be in control of herself, which she isn't, leading to outbursts of anger. False. I don't outburst with anger. And I'm totally in control....


Next up is a great step-by-step for block printing your own design on bedding. I have always wanted to try something like this, but I've got too much going on as it is. Maybe you don't want to do it yourself? Then buy it from this shop. This was my fist favorite shop on Etsy, and I still love it to death!

That's all the inspiration I got from my blogs today...Well, there was one other thing, but I'm trying to behave, so I better keep it to myself.

Anyway, I picked up some lovely Amy Butler fabrics while in Birmingham. Mainly blues and greens. Jealous? I bet you are. They are so nice that I'm even jealous of myself. I haven't gotten around to using them yet. I have this problem that if I like a fabric too much, then I don't want to use it. I'm afraid I'll ruin it. I have, however, almost finished a new quilt. It is tentatively named Mixed Berry Patchwork Quilt.

The fabrics for the custom Fold Quilt for Robert are on their way. More Amy Butler. I ordered a few extra patterns in case the ones I picked didn't look right together. The perils of ordering on the internet.


Someone convo'd me on Etsy asking if I planned to sell patterns for the Fold Quilt. I am going to try to take some good pics of the process so that I can eventually put together a pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment